Submissions should be in Microsoft Word or Word-compatible format, be between 5,000-10,000 words, excluding footnotes, and use URL hyperlinks where available. Please send submissions, accompanied by a CV, to JLIA Editor-in-Chief James Edward at email@example.com by March 31, 2016. Acceptances will be sent on a rolling basis.
Inquiries and questions may be directed to Editor-in-Chief James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for General Submissions
JLIA welcomes submissions of articles, essays and book reviews that analyze emerging issues at the intersection of law and international affairs, and prescribe legal and policy solutions. The journal publishes two issues per year and invites submissions on a rolling basis.
How to Submit
Electronic submissions via ExpressO are preferred.
JLIA also will accept submissions via electronic mail to email@example.com.
What to Submit
Prospective authors should submit:
1. a manuscript (in accord with the specifications below);
2. curriculum vitae or resume; and
3. separate cover sheet which includes a brief abstract and contact information (name, telephone number, e-mail address and mailing address).
Manuscripts should follow the specifications below.
- Microsoft Word or Word-compatible software program.
- There is no page limit, however, the preferred submission length is between 3,000-10,000 words.
- Footnotes, not endnotes.
- We encourage the submission of photographs and graphics to accompany your article. Please send proof of permission to use others' images.
- Text and citations should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010) or the style convention commonly used in the discipline.
Authors will receive acknowledgement of their submissions by email from JLIA's Managing Editor of Articles. For unsolicited manuscripts, JLIA will conduct an initial review to assess the article's relevance for its readership. Manuscripts that pass the initial review are forwarded to two (anonymous) peer reviewers. Authors may expect to receive the results of the peer review from the managing editor within four weeks following the initial review.
If you would like to request an expedited review of your article, please send an email request with your name, your article title, your deadline, and your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The journal will attempt to review each request, but cannot guarantee review in the time provided.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.